BioProtect is a patented, EPA registered, innovative new product. It is applied by a spray-on applicator that instantly adheres to both porous and non-porous surfaces. This gives you an added level of protection against bacteria and germs.
The active ingredient in BioProtect polymerizes to all surfaces and is both colorless & odorless. If we were to paint a picture of what BioProtect looks like, you'd see a layer of electrically charged swords. When bacteria and germs come in contact with a surface that is treated with BioProtect, these swords puncture the cell membrane and the remnants are then electrocuted.
Yes, normal cleaning of the treated surface is necessary in order for the BioProtect antimicrobials to continue being effective at eliminating germs and bacteria. Dirt buildup, paint, and dead microbes will cover the treatment and prohibit the electrically charged swords to continue killing new microorganisms.
BioProtect starts to work as soon as the microorganism comes into contact with the treated surface.
It then works continuously to maintain a consistently lower bio-burden than would be expected on a surface without BioProtect. Plus, once it's applied– you're good to go (no rinse required, even for food surface contact).
BioProtect technology has undergone extensive independent laboratory testing and has a long history of being completely safe for kids, pets and everyone. It is registered with the ePA for all applications in which it's used.